As the only organisation dedicated to supporting and promoting Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) in the UK we are very proud of what we’ve achieved.
We are a multi-stakeholder cooperative for CSA farms across the UK. We have over 150 farm members, representing over 25,000 people enjoying produce from CSAs, and the numbers continue to grow. We’re led by a representative, skilled and professional board of directors who delegate operational responsibilities to a dynamic staff team. Meet the team.
The CSA Network UK was born in 2013 out of a desire from CSAs’ to have representation from grassroots, right up to government.
All of our members agree to adhere to our five guiding principles and we ask all our members to sign up to the CSA UK charter.
What do we do?
To achieve our aims and objectives of supporting CSAs across the UK, we carry out the following functions:
- Mentoring new and emerging CSAs
- Events – informative and topical workshops, online webinars and CSA meet-ups
- Networking – through regional gatherings and national events
- Influencing policy makers eg, Defra with policy documents and representations.
- Showcase CSA members in the media and online.
- Producing and sharing resources for CSA farmers
Providing a national platform to showcase CSA farms, not least on our interactive CSA map.
We are a multi-stakeholder co-operative, owned and controlled by CSA farms, working together to share the food system from the bottom up. In addition, we are supported by individuals and organisations who share our vision of new relationship between farmers and consumers based on mutual trust and openness.
Our board is made up of representatives from CSA farms and supportive organisations.