Gaining Local Media Coverage – Webinar 10-12 – Mon 4th December 2023
Date Published: 19th November 2023
More people read and trust the local press than the national newspapers.
Small food enterprises can reach new customers by getting featured in local newspapers, or be interviewed on regional radio or TV.
What are media outlets looking for and how do you approach them?
PR professional Robin Clegg (Curve Communications) is offering this popular workshop provided by Better Food Traders. It’s aimed at local food organisations, growers, producers, retailers and community organisations.
The workshop covers:
- What makes a good news story
- The difference between reactive and proactive media
- Choosing spokespeople, images and quotes
- Top tips on writing a press release
- How and when to pitch to journalists
- How to get your message across in press or broadcast interviews.
This workshop is provided by Better Food Traders, a support network for ethical food traders who are working to change the food system by selling locally-grown, climate and nature-friendly produce. They are opening up some of their online training sessions to non-members.
Tickets for this 2-hour webinar are £20 – Book your space here via Eventbrite.